JavaOne starts next week in San Francisco and it is hard to believe that it has been almost a full year since we were last there! Since JavaOne 2015, we have released a new major version of our PDF Java Toolkit that includes an entirely new set of samples that demonstrate best practices for working both with PDF and with Java as well as adding support for OSGi out of the box. There is plenty more in the works as well so make sure to stop by and see us at JavaOne this year at booth 6012!
Some of the things we will be talking about are centered around what we have learned from our customers and include:
- properly redacting PDFs
- extracting text from PDFs
- working with PDF forms
While we have our areas to talk about, we would love to hear about your experiences with PDFs and what you think about the upcoming revision of the PDF specification.
Here is a quick recap of some of the items we have worked on since last year’s JavaOne :
- Datalogics PDF Java Toolkit best practices with PDF samples
- Datalogics PDF Java Toolkit 6.1.1, new samples, Java dependencies and OSGi
- Versioning PDF Java Toolkit
- And a whole pile of additional samples from our PDF Evangelist, Joel Geraci. Here are a few of my favorites